Interior of church prior to 1920 from the Joslyn glass negative collection of the Warwick Historical Society
Christ Church as it appeared in the 1940's
Altar area prior to 1920 from the Joslyn glass negative collection of the Warwick Historical Society
The materials listed on this site are our collection of historical documents which will eventually cover information from the last 150 years. All documents are identified by date, sender, recipient and topic. A listing sequence like C-2A, C-2B, C-2C identifies 3 correspondences that travel back and forth between the same people, on the same topic. Also present are listings of periodical articles, certificates and testimonials. The following are also available for viewing and study at our offices. Click here to view the inventory of our archives.
Sacramental registers-1864 to the present
Vestry Meeting Records: 1864-1898; 1903-1956;1959-1972;1976 to the present
Certified copies of the Certificate of Incorporation
Book of Remembrance 1898 to the present
Cash Disbursement Journals 1936-1950
2 Bibles: 1857, 1970
Photographs of Prominent Vestry member Grinnell Burt’s funeral: 1901
Photographs of the original condition of the church and the surrounding homes
Photographs of several of the pastors throughout the years.
Documents on our involvement with the building of the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine.
The Parish cookbook: 1916
The declaration of equal rights signed by the women of the church : 1936
Newspaper clippings :1958 to the present
The parish monthly bulletin: 1971 to the present
The “Saint Andrew’s Guild” meeting records:1917-1923
“Demographic and Historical Study of the Parish” (2000) by Rev. Mark Cyr
The contents of the Time Capsule of 1866 containing: The Bible, the “Book of Common Prayer”, “The Constitution and Cannons of the Episcopal Church” in 1866; “The Journal of the 82nd Convention”; “The Church Almanac” for 1866; “The Spirit of the Missions” for July 1866; The church “Monthly” for July 1866“ The Episcopalian”; “The Gospel Messenger”; Several copies of the New York newspapers including “The Tribune”, “The World” and “The Times”;2 copies ofthe Warwick Advertiser : July 7 and July 14 ,1866; Specimens of the currency of the day.
View Ivy Tulins History of Christ Church presentation here. (Note this is a very large file and some images may take extra time to load!)
Also available is a tour of the church and its many period decorations and furnishings.
For access to these items, please contact Mrs. Ivy Tulin, the church Historian at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment for, tours, field trips or research . We welcome everyone to share these resources.